1st Azerbaijan-Arab Investment and Business Forum (AAIBF)
The 1st Azerbaijan-Arab Investment and Business Forum (AAIBF) will be organized by the Association for Azerbaijan-Arab Countries Cooperation (AAACC), the Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector (ICD) and in close cooperation with the IsDB Group Business Forum (THIQAH). The forum will be held on …….. at Baku Convention Center (Baku, Republic of Azerbaijan).
The forum will be held under the patronage of H.E Ilham Aliyev, the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the support of the Ministry Economy of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Council on State Support to Non-Governmental Organization, General Union of Chambers of Commerce Industry and Agriculture for Arab Countries.
The AAIBF aims to present and showcase the recent opportunities and key challenges to do business in Azerbaijan and will also focus on the best practices concerning related industries. Moreover, the conference shall present an ideal occasion to investors, business people and CEOs to network and establish business relations with their counterparts and other leading representatives from the local business community in order to share their related experience & success stories, and to explore together the many investment possibilities that the country offers. Furthermore, it will connect investors with companies and individual entrepreneurs from Azerbaijan who have viable business projects to exchange views on their respective businesses. It will also provide a platform for a constructive and fruitful dialogue between the various parties with an interest in the fields of private sector, and to acquire an in-depth knowledge of the major changes and developments underway in the private sector. The event will address topics of common interest to identify concrete ways and effective solutions to support investments and private sector development in Azerbaijan.
Furthermore, the forum aims at reinforcing the position of Azerbaijan on the world investment map by highlighting profitable business opportunities readily available in the country. The conference will accordingly highlight the outstanding economic performance as well as the improved business environment in Azerbaijan and will showcase available investment opportunities and prospective business partnerships.
Azerbaijan companies and institutions have been a long-term business partner for the Arab world and are well known for their high-quality services. To ensure a balanced and sustainable exchange, they are not only exporting top-notch products, but also bringing education and know-how along with it.
This AAIBF is an exclusive, high-level gathering of senior business leaders and investors, from across Arab Countries in support of the Azerbaijan’s engagement with investment. The forum will also convene the dialogue between the Heads of Corporations, holdings and financial institutions focusing on how to develop and finance critical and developmental projects in Azerbaijan. This CEO-level invitation-only forum will be held annually and the recommendations emerging from the forum will influence the agenda for action plans championed at the Presidential level with Regional Economic Communities and multilaterals related to private sector development.
In addition to exciting panels, several interactive B2B and expert-led roundtables will take place. In small groups, they give the opportunity to exchange experiences and discuss the innovation potential in different fields.
- Efforts toward building an enabling investment environment in Azerbaijan & lifting barriers to FDI: investment environment/ climate and the right incentives, in addition to investment policy framework;
- Showcasing of promising sectors and opportunities in and through Azerbaijan;
- Presenting IDB Group products and services: to be presented by IDB, ISFD, ICD, ICIEC and ITFC;
- Prospects and challenges on doing business in Azerbaijan: perspectives and interventions by investors and CEOs on the investment environment and discuss their related experience and success stories on the country;
- Sharing the experience and best practices related to Azerbaijan and other Arab countries - Reverse linkages: Sharing the experience and best practices of Arab Countries in showcasing their countries and successfully attracting foreign investments.
- Chairmen, Presidents and CEOs of local/international private sector companies;
- Government officials;
- Representatives of multilateral and financial institutions;
- CEOs of Arab companies, groups and holdings invested in Azerbaijan.
The conference might gather 300+ participants (approximately) which have the following profile:
- Government officials
- Business associations
- Multilateral and financial institutions
- Chairmen, Presidents & CEOs of local/international private sector companies
- Individual investors
- Chambers of commerce and industry
- Investment Promotion Agencies
- Identify opportunities and implementation of best practices;
- Adopt and implement a clear strategy for the post-conference follow-up;
- Establish detailed measures with the aim of following, assisting and supporting the business connections initiated during the conference, so as to guarantee the achievement of potential business cooperation and networking;
- Effective sharing of knowledge, views and practices;
- Identify strategies for overcoming constraints and challenges;
- Assist in elaborating Azerbaijan’s strategy to play a leading role in building out new logistical capabilities coupled with an economic reform agenda;
- Put in place the needed reform measures to enhance the business and investment environment over the short and medium term, while investing in longer term initiatives to enhance human capital and support the development of a knowledge-based economy;
- Create linkages and business relations between Azerbaijan and Arab Business communities.
Azerbaijan, Baku, Republic of Azerbaijan
31/07/2018 10:00 AM